Monday 4 November 2013

ARRRRGGGHHHH!!!


This lovely lady is a perfect representation of my mood over the last hour!
Whilst I still think that Blogger is a great way of reflecting, it is getting so hard to keep up with HOW to blog when you're constantly switching computers! Or mobile devices for that matter!

So Blogger only allows the user to 'compose' a post when using Mozilla Firefox in University.. but only when the user is in a computer suite. This does not include the library where the computers don't have Firefox installed on any of the computers! Internet Explorer appears to reject all 'composing'.

The confusion doesn't end there! My laptop is equipped with Windows 8. I downloaded Firefox specifically to enable myself to blog efficiently. However, when attempting to blog on Firefox on this laptop, it does not work! Composing is not the problem.. saving and publishing the posts are! So I revert to Internet Explorer (which I previously assumed wouldn't work) which ends up working PERFECTLY! Or does it? Of course not! When trying to insert an image that is saved to the picture library, Internet Explorer decides to completely reject this now instead! Enter Firefox yet again just to insert pictures.

Before I ended up with a laptop in pieces I decided to try and use the Blogger app on my iPhone instead to FINALLY post the post that I had been working on for the previous hour! I open up a saved draft, the writing content done on Internet Explorer, the picture uploaded through Firefox and the actual post eventually published through the use of my iPhone.

Talk about utilising available technology!!!

1 comment:

  1. It isn't blogger that is the problem though; it is the version of the web browser that is the causing anxiety! Love the images here they almost say it all… and on the positive side, you got to test blogger with an assortment of devices, in a variety of environments, on a range of formats. A thorough test I would say!

    ReplyDelete